-
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Rand Paul with Glen Beck on Immigration & Drones - 4/26/2013
Senator Rand Paul joined the radio program this morning to discuss immigration reform and his recent statements regarding drones. While Glenn and the senator are like-minded, and Sen. Paul is one of the few congressman Glenn holds high regard for, they don't agree on everything.
Glenn took issue with comments Senator Paul made following the Boston bombings regarding drones. While Rand says everything he said aligns with what he said during his infamous filibuster on drones, Glenn couldn't get on board.
"What I was trying to say is, and interestingly I used this hypothetical in my filibuster, if you look at the filibuster I use the exact same working and the exact same analogy 3 or 4 times," Sen. Paul noted. "What I was trying to describe was a gun fight where someone is coming out of liquor store and shooting at policemen. Most of us acknowledge that police have the right to shoot back and to use deadly force on criminals who are using deadly force against them or hostages, customers, etc.
The point I was trying to make was, instead of the policemen getting out of his car, was pushes a button and some kind of robotic firing arm is able to engage in the firefight instead of the policeman. That's what I'm imagining."
Glenn wasn't convinced.
"You may in the end be right but I am against it because I don't want to give the government any more power," Glenn said.
They did both agree that Tsarnaev should have had his Miranda Rights read to him and not have been considered an enemy combatant at any point.
While Glenn and Rand may not find common ground at this point on that issue, however, when it comes to immigration reform, the two men are on the same page. The answers are found in making the student visa program and the border is more secure, while making it easier for good, hardworking people to immigrate to the United States.
Popular Posts
-
The "Black Nobility" are the oligarchic families of Venice and Genoa, Italy, who in the 12th century held the privileged tradi...
-
Exopolitics & Contact - June 18 2013 - Coast to Coast Am - C2CAM Date: 06-18-13 George Noory interviews Michael E. Salla and Earnest Co...
-
Wikipedia The Bible code (Hebrew: צפנים בתנ"ך), also known as the Torah code, is a purported set of secret messages encoded within th...
-
Economic Myths: the Science of Deceit - Part 21 Bruce G. McCarthy - Datum Line Air Date: 8-18-2013 - Economic Myths: the Science of Deceit P...
-
" Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." "I care not what puppet is placed on the thro...
-
We are on a road that leads straight to the World War 3, but in order to see that and to fully understand what is at stake you have to loo...
-
Brazil is witnessing some of its largest protests in decades, after some 240,000 people protested Monday. Tens of thousands continue to take...
-
The revelation that Rolling Stone journalist Michael Hastings was working on a story about the CIA before his death and had contacted a Wik...
-
Brazil protests: Violence erupts in Sao Paulo again as World Cup website in hit with cyber attacks : 240,000 people looting, riots, and pr...
-
👉National Debt Can Never Be Paid -- Global Monetary Reset to Digital Weimar Currency Coming !! The national debt is already at an absur...